Seafood sausage – Serves 6
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes|
|Ready in:||30 minutes|
|Ingredients:||1 lobster, steamed and meat removed
8 ounces fresh scallops
1/2 cup cream
1 egg white
1/2 ounce fresh dill
|Directions:||1. Puree scallops,cream,egg white in a food processor until smooth add the lobster meat,dill,salt and pepper just to chop and distribute the meat leaving it slightly chunky.
2. Place mixture in a piping bag.
3. Spread a sheet of large plastic wrap on a moistened work surface and pipe out a large bead of sausage filling.
4. Leave several inches of plastic wrap empty on either side of the sausage.
5. Roll up the plastic wrap carefully,try to avoid forming any air bubbles inside the plastic.
6. Grasp both ends and twirl the works repeatedly until the plastic tightens around the sausage.
7. If any air pockets form prick them with a pin.
8. Tie off both ends of the plastic then tie off the sausage at regular intervals forming links.
9. Poach the plastic links in simmering water for 10 minutes then immersing them in cold water.
10. Cut off plastic and squeeze out sausage to heat brown in a little butter until heated through.