- 1 kg minced lean pork (10% to 15% fat).
- 50 g fine dried breadcrumbs (optional).
- 2 tsp. salt.
- 15 fresh sage leaves, chopped.
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground Coriander seed
- ¼ tsp. ground fennel seed
- ¼ tsp. dried ginger
- ½ tsp. onion granules
- ½ tsp. pimenton (smoked paprika)
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground mace
- 5 TBSP olive oil
- 100 ml cold water
Mix the all the ingredients except the water together by hand, then add water gradually until the mixture is light but can still bind together. Gently stuff into skins and form into links about 3 to 4 inches long.
These sausages can be cooked straight away (grilling or on the barbeque is best), but if possible place in fridge and allow the flavours to mature for a few hours.
As this recipe has a relatively low salt content, if you are not going to cook them within 48 hours of making them it is recommended that you freeze them.