Cheddar Sausage – Serves 8
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Ready in:||50 minutes|
|Ingredients:||6 ounces chopped pork shoulder
2 ounces bacon
2 ounces grated aged cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
|Directions:||1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined but still chunky.
2. Place the mixtrure in a piping bag.
3. Spread a sheet of large plastic wrap out on a just moistened work surface and pipe out a large bead of the sausage filling.
4. Leave several inches of platic wrap empty on either side of the sausage.
5. Roll up the plastic wrap carefully,try to avoid forming any air bubbles inside the plastic.
6. Grasp both ends of the plastic wrap and twirl the works repeatedly until the plastic tightens around the sausage.
7. If any air pockets form prick them with a pin.
8. Tie off both ends of the plastic then tie off the sausage at regular intervals forming links.
9. Poached the plastic wrapped links in simmering water for 5-7 minutes,depending on their thickness.
10. Just cook them through then cool the sausages by immersing them in ice water for a few minutes.
11. Cut off the plastic wrap and squeeze out the sausage.
12. When ready to serve quickly reheat them by browning them in a bit of butter until heated through.
13. Serve immediately.