|Preparation time:||10 minutes + 2 hours|
|Ready in:||Depends on cooking method|
|Ingredients:||3kg Lean beef (skirt beef is good)
3kg lean pork
400g of bacon fat, if not available, substitute hard pork fat or 200g olive oil
5g whole cloves
5g whole nutmeg
5g black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 table spoons garlic puree
150ml red wine
|Directions:||1. Dice the bacon/pork fat into 2mm cubes and put to one side
2. Cut the beef and the pork into 5cm cubes and place in large bowl.
3. Scorch the coriander and black pepper, grind coarsely with nutmeg & cloves, add salt
4. Mix spices with the meat cubes and allow mix to stand for 1 to 2 hours in fridge.
5. Run meat through mincer on coarse setting once it is thoroughly chilled
6. Place minced meat in large bowl. Add fat/olive oil, salt, wine and garlic puree and mix gently and thoroughly but not so that you end up with compressed meat.
7. Feed loosely into skins and shape into rolls of 500g to 1kg.
This sauasge can be grilled or fried, but it is best cooked on a barbecue.