Hopefully this summer you have had the chance to go to a food festival or two.
I find food festivals have a great atmosphere and provide a chance to see friends and try out new food producers.
But, my local food loving friends, the best is yet to come!
Porkstock – a free family festival dedicated to local food
The countdown has begun to this celebration of local food, music and friendship which takes place on the 10th of September. Full details here.
Here are 10 reasons you should come to Porkstock this year and every year. This is the third year of Porkstock and it just keeps getting better and better. There is something for everyone!
The great pictures below are by Tim Stephenson.
(1) It’s free – yes, a whole day festival free thanks to the generosity of local sponsors and a team of volunteers!
(2) There will be lots of tasty food to enjoy
(3) There will be lots of lovely producers with stalls for you to see their products (full list here).
(4) A whole range of great bands will be performing (full list here).
(5) Lots of local beers and ciders on tap.
(6) Awesome cookery demonstrations from top local chefs.
(7) A chance to get hands on with sausage making and butcher with The Fruit Pig Company.
(8) There is a sausage eating competition.
(9) Lots of games and activities for little piglets.
(10) And did I mention it’s free and raises money for local charities!
This really is a great day out for all the family and a great chance to meet with local food producers and to enjoy some of the finest food in the country.
And then there is the Evening Knees Up…!